Friday, April 3, 2009
Someone mentioned to me that they think that this would be a great fundraiser for their organization, but they will not have their next meeting until late April. Then collect your coins in May or June or whenever is good for your group. For others it is Spring Break and a family vacation that would prevent them from participating. Then do it this week or in a month.
CHANGE for America Week is to be used to your best advantage. If you are more comfortable keeping your coins in a jar, then keep them. If you want to used them to splurge, then do that. If you want to keep some of your coins and donate the rest, go ahead. Do as you think best.
Thursday, April 2, 2009
- Deposit it. If you deposit the money you gather it is still your money. If you have a savings account that earns even just a little, that would be better than it sitting in a jar.
- If you regularly buy yourself a cup of coffee. Pay for it with coins.
- Deposit it into your checking account and pay down debt. Your savings will be earned in the interest you don't pay.
- If you regularly use a debt card for small purchases, use coins, then transfer that same amount from your checking into savings.
I have people ask about the poll. "Why do you have the ' More harm than good choice'? "
I have that option because some people have told me that they think it will cause trouble for the banks and the Federal Reserve with all those coins coming coming back into the banks. I have heard people say that the Federal Reserve has come to expect that there would be a certain amount of coins left dormant and to have millions, if not billions of dollars in coins suddenly showing up in circulation will be a really bad thing instead of a good thing. That it would be tantamount to printing more money. What do you think?e
Wednesday, April 1, 2009
Are any of you old enough, like me to remember that old shampoo commercial that had the model saying something like, "Two friends told two friends, and they told two friends and so on and so on." Well that is what is happening here! Be a part of the success of CHANGE for America Week (April 12-18, 2009) and tell two friends or three or ten and ask them to tell their friends. Get the word out. We could easily reach millions of people.
If three people told three different people and the next day they told three different people within just 2 weeks (14 days) there could be more then 4 million people participating!
Tuesday, March 31, 2009
There are pennies out there that are worth a lot more than one cent. Check this out. http://coins.about.com/od/uscoins/tp/errorvarieties.htm
Wouldn't that be incredible to find one of those valuable coins. They are out there somewhere!
Saturday, March 28, 2009
Pennies, nickels, dimes and quarters, rolling around gathering dust. How about using that loose change to CHANGE America. Gather it up and spend it or save it or donate it to a good cause during the week of April 12-18, 2009. Let's make it CHANGE for America Week. Let's get the economy going with just our spare change. Leave your ideas of how to spend the money you find. Below are some ideas for using just ten dollars that could make a big difference. Leave your ideas here. All I ask is that you keep your suggestions G-rated, legal and polite. Let's CHANGE America.
During these times of economic woe everybody is suffering. Charities have had a significant drop in giving. Let's CHANGE that.
Some of my ideas:
- Buy compact florescent light bulbs and save energy and money .
- Contact friends at your church or other organization and see how much you can donate together.
- Buy a multi pack of socks and give them to the homeless.
- Become a member of the Arbor Day Foundation and get 10 trees FREE.
- Buy Forever Stamps before the price goes up in May.
- Plant some flower bulbs and every year you will benefit from your investment
- Get a houseplant.
- Pay extra on your mortgage or credit card.
- Buy a board game and spend some time with your family.
What are your ideas? Gather up your spare change, tell me how much you found and how you will spend it.